Ok, I'm a week behind on our church wide commitment to read the book of John, and experience 21 encounters with Jesus Christ in 21 days. So I am going to double up for the next week so that I can catch up with the group. This exercise is part of a bigger challenge I have laid out for myself in 2011. My hope is to actively spend daily time in God's word through a couple of self defined plans. 1st, I am hoping to read through the entire bible this year. 2nd, throughout the week, I plan to read the entire chapter of the various reference scriptures that Pastor Kerry uses in his weekly sermons. And 3rd is too cheerfully take on any reading challenges that Pastor Kerry gives us as a church. My goal? Simple. To break down all of the barriers that are keeping me from a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ while strengthening all of the gifts God has blessed me with so that I may be better used to do his will while here on earth. In order to chronicle my journey, and to hold myself accountable, I will be blogging daily about my readings, what I take away from them and how I hope to use them to improve my relationship with Jesus. To all my friends and family out there, please pray that God sees fit to place a spirit of discipline over me so that I can accomplish this task and that my heart and mind be open to grasp the message that God intends for me to.
So.....
John Chapter one.
Two things really stood out for me. 1-what an amazing follower of God that John was. Selfishness is one of the greatest frailties of our human selves. Here, John was all but given the opportunity to claim to be the Messiah, but instead directed all glory to God and the Son of Man.
2-How amazing is our God, who is the King of kings and creator of the universe, that he would come to earth in the flesh so that we may have a more intimate relationship with him and so we understand that he can relate perfectly to what our earthly hearts and minds think, feel and go through. I am so greatful to God for that degree of love. Reading this chapter has also shown me that if I am obedient, and live in a way that reflects God's will for my life, and his love for the world, I can lead others so that they too can come to know the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless you all.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
No comments:
Post a Comment